Pseudonyms ONLY!

If you are going to post comments on this page, please do not use your real name, whole or in part. I do not care who you are, I care only what you have to say. If you know MY real name, or the real name of any of the other commentors, respect our privacy and refer to them only by their pseudonyms. I do not moderate comments, and will not unless absolutely necessary.

Lizard

Lizard
I Am Lizard, Who The Hell Are You?

Saturday, March 22, 2008

John, have you taken your meds today?

As therapy (to get my brain working after the heart attack) I designed a blowgun that can propel a toothpick through a half-inch of plywood, and an aluminum nail through 1/8" of plate steel (provided it is both sharpened and lubricated). Now, I have no idea what an asthmatic would do with a blowgun like that, but it was a hell of a lot of fun figuring out the aerodynamic qualities of a film-cone dart. I even figured out a way to make the darts spin as they leave the blowgun, improving accuracy (out to about 25 yards.)

Hmm. I have an unmedicated paranoid schizophrenic for a next-door neighbor who regularly annoys me and scares my kid. I bet I could tranq him up by dipping the darts in.... no, wait, that would be mean. Nevermind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would it still be mean if we just dipped the darts in some formula of the meds he is supposed to be taking anyway? Or would that just be "community service"?