Pseudonyms ONLY!

If you are going to post comments on this page, please do not use your real name, whole or in part. I do not care who you are, I care only what you have to say. If you know MY real name, or the real name of any of the other commentors, respect our privacy and refer to them only by their pseudonyms. I do not moderate comments, and will not unless absolutely necessary.

Lizard

Lizard
I Am Lizard, Who The Hell Are You?

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thanks Meri

I downloaded "earth after people" that Meri recommended in the comments, and it is VERY educational, in that I thought traces of human habitation would be nearly permanent. Nope. 50 years and almost all of it is gone, 100 years and without serious excavating, there would be no trace. I think that rocks. In many ways we are a plague on the planet, but at least it is temporary.

2 comments:

Meri said...

oh I know that was an awesome documentary. the only thing I was curious about was styrafome (completely spelled wrong I know), plstics, but they'd all be buried so you'd need to have some other intelligent creature doing archeological work to find them.

I love the flying cats in the skyscraper idea.

Thought it was interesting that they think that our transmissions into outerspace might die out rather than keep travelling...makes you feel kinda insignificant! although its a good thingt I guess that Hitler's transmissions don't go to far...shessh. and all the space junk will eventually come crashing down.

Meri said...

I think they said the longest lasting would be Mount Rushmore? and the non-physical thing that woudl last longest is the climate change we've set off....lovely huh! at least the flying monkey cats will be happy (sorry, I loved that!)