Pseudonyms ONLY!

If you are going to post comments on this page, please do not use your real name, whole or in part. I do not care who you are, I care only what you have to say. If you know MY real name, or the real name of any of the other commentors, respect our privacy and refer to them only by their pseudonyms. I do not moderate comments, and will not unless absolutely necessary.

Lizard

Lizard
I Am Lizard, Who The Hell Are You?

Thursday, October 25, 2007

with dreams like this, would YOU sleep?

I was watching Condi testify after not getting enough sleep, when I slipped into a dream.

In my dream, Sheldon Whitehouse (who, in my dream, was wearing some sort of weird dolphin costume) asked Condi Rice (who was, rather predictably, covered with blood. Naked. There are times when a good imagination is a curse) the following question:

"Madam Secretary, I am going to ask you to define torture for the record. I am going to ask you this for one reason: Within the next ten years, I expect there to be war crimes trials, and I expect to be called as a witness. At those trials, I expect to be asked what I knew about the torturing of prisoners, and when I knew it. And I am going to tell them the truth, that I tried everything I could think of to make sure that if we were torturing, we stopped, and the people who engatged in it were brought to justice. I am, in foresight, building the record that will be evidence in those trials. With that in mind, Madam Secretary, I would like you to tell me what the administration's definition of "torture" is."

Of course, the Whitehouse-Dolphin wasn't there, Condi wasn't naked and nobody asked that, but it was a nice dream.

YES I will write about ANYTHING to beat writer's block.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dreams are scarey. Supposedly dreams are your sub-concious working out things from the day. Hmmmmmmmm......

Lizard said...

Part of what I am working out, apparently, is the idea that my country, the embodiment of freedom and good, that I have believed in fervently since I began to think, now tortures people.

It drives me to nearly the point of sedition and insurrection. The country is lucky that we americans are lazy, slothful and obese people.

I suppose if I was sufficiently cynical, I would be neither surprised nor disappointed. It is bizarre to think that I am not cynical enough. Me.