Pseudonyms ONLY!

If you are going to post comments on this page, please do not use your real name, whole or in part. I do not care who you are, I care only what you have to say. If you know MY real name, or the real name of any of the other commentors, respect our privacy and refer to them only by their pseudonyms. I do not moderate comments, and will not unless absolutely necessary.

Lizard

Lizard
I Am Lizard, Who The Hell Are You?

Sunday, May 27, 2007

The lightness of invisibility

Nobody is reading these "blog" posts, and that is fine. But the fact that somebody MAY in the future read these posts govern how I interact with them. It is an odd calculation that occurs when I look at the "publish post" button. Do I stand by what I say? Well, I have yet to say anything too radical, so it is easy to say yes!. But once something hits this blog, it can't really be taken back. it is just there.

On the other hand, nobody is reading this stuff, and there is exactly one person on the planet that can definitively link this blog to an actual human being (that would be you, Shirls) so I can say anything I want and as long as I don't alienate that one person, I am untraceable. Sort of. But I have been using the "lizard" pseudonym so long (about 15 years, I think), and so many netizens have met Lizard online, that "lizard" is an entity in himself, sort of a full-body sock-puppet of myself.

Since I trust the one person who can attach an organic name to this digital creation not to do so unless I agree to it, I feel pretty safe.

Well, the shit in my head has to go somewhere. There are ideas I have that need expression beyond myself. I am not getting published as an author (after years of trying), and I have almost given up on getting published, but my brain is still telling me to put the ideas where they can be seen by others. So, they are here, where they CAN be seen, but probably wont be.

No comments: